**In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, I am only taking clients using either video calling (Zoom/Skype etc), or telephone on Mondays and Fridays. As such, I have reduced my session fee to £25 as I will have no room or travel costs. I am not currently offering home visits. This information supersedes the availability and pricing listed below. The assessment will still be free and conducted over the phone or via email. **
If you feel that counselling may be useful for you, please contact me by telephone or email. We can then arrange to talk through a 20-30 minute assessment to see if I can provide the help and support that you need. This will be done over the phone, or video calling and is free.
During the assessment, we will discuss what has brought you to counselling, whether I am the right person to help, and if appropriate, set some therapeutic goals. If you decide that we can work together, then we will decide the best time and day to meet with a view to providing weekly sessions for a contracted amount of weeks.
If mobility is a problem for you, then I am able to provide home visits. I worked as a domiciliary care worker for 5 years, so I am familiar with working confidentially in other peoples’ homes. The assessment will still be done over the telephone. Please note that when doing home visits I take reasonable precautions to ensure my own safety in line with health and safety for lone workers. This may include letting someone I trust know where I am.
- I am available as follows:
- Mondays – Bude. The Neetside Community Centre from 9:00am until the last session from 4:00-5:00pm.
- Tuesdays – Bideford. 50a Mill Street or The River Rooms, 8a The Quay, from 10:00am until last session 5:00-6:00pm.
- Wednesdays – Bideford. The River Rooms, 8A The Quay from 9:00am until last session from 12:00-1:00pm.
- Thursdays – Bude. The Neetside Community Centre from 1:00pm to last session 4:00-5:00pm.
- Fridays – Bideford. 50a Mill Street from 10:00am to last session 11:00-12:00pm. The River Rooms, 8a The Quay from 1:00pm to last session 5:00-6:00pm.
- Saturdays – Bideford. From 10:00am to last session 12:00-1:00pm at The River Rooms, 8a The Quay.
- Please note that the above times are dependent on room availability at each location.
- Skype, FaceTime, telephone etc are more flexible and can be fitted in at a convenient time for you.
- Home visits can be arranged around the above times.
Please note that as I rent the rooms that I work from as and when I need them, it would be helpful to know what day/time you are available for counselling.
My fees are: Free initial consultation/assessment either over the phone or via video calling.
Individual counselling – I operate a sliding scale of fees from £30 to £40 depending on your circumstances and what you feel you can realistically afford. This is not means tested. Sessions are 50 minutes long.
Sessions for children are typically shorter at 30-40 minutes and charged at £30 to £40 per session. For children 15 and under, please note that a responsible adult will need to remain on the premises for the duration of the session.
Home visits – My fees are £40. Please note that when doing home visits I take reasonable precautions to ensure my own safety in line with health and safety for lone workers. This may include letting someone I trust know where I am.